Ok, well I guess it really isn’t fried chicken if it is baked right? Maybe this dish should just be called…breaded baked chicken….but whatever we call it, this was outstanding!
So I still have a lot of Nando’s Piri Piri sauce that I bought at Costco & made the Sheet Pan Peri-Peri Chicken with Nando’s Sauce with…so I have to use it! On the Nando’s website, there is a recipe for Crispy Crumbed Chicken Fillets with skinny sweet potato fries…. so I looked at the recipe & made some chicken using it for inspiration … I baked the chicken…
Here is the recipe…except that I do not really have quantities for any of this …it is so easy you don’t need any *** IF YOU DON’T HAVE PIRI PIRI SAUCE YOU CAN MAKE THIS DISH WITHOUT IT…JUST MAKE THE CHICKEN THE SAME WAY… SEASON THE FLOUR & DIP THE FLOURED CHICKEN INTO BEATEN EGG….
Chicken pieces *** I used 1 3 lb chicken cut up in 8 pieces…and 6 small chicken thighs
Nando’s Peri Peri sauce
NOTE: The sauce is spicy, so if you do not like your food spicy, shake off the excess of the Piri Piri sauce on the pieces of chicken before you coat themin the panko crumbs…
Line a baking sheet with foil & spray with non-stick spray
- Put some flour into a flat bowl or pie plate or dish
- Put some panko crumbs into a ziplock bag
- Put some Nando’s Peri Peri sauce into a bowl big enough for the chicken to get into…
- So… here it goes….
- NOTE: The sauce is spicy, so if you do not like your food spicy, shake off the excess of the Piri Piri sauce on the pieces of chicken before you coat themin the panko crumbs…Coat the each piece of chicken, one at a time, first in the flour, then coat the piece of chicken in the Peri Peri sauce, then pop the piece of chicken into the ziplock bag that has the panko crumbs in it…hold the top of the bag closed with your hand & shake, shake, shake…until the piece of chicken is completely coated in the crumbs…Then put the coated chicken piece on the prepared baking sheet….Repeat until all of the chicken is coated…
- Once all of the chicken is on the baking sheet…spray each piece with some non-stick cooking spray
- Bake at 375f until the chicken is cooked through & crispy
3 thoughts on “Baked Fried Chicken”
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
Wonderful recipe….loved it 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.