This recipe is inspired by Norene Gilletz’s Tia Maria Torte, in her
The pleasures of your processor: By Norene GilletzThe pleasures of your processor: By Norene GilletzTHE PLEASURES OF YOUR PROCESSOR BY NORENE GILLETZ. I have only changed some things..so it is her recipe with a few changes
This is such a great dessert to have in the freezer…or to make the day before you need it & just put it in the fridge overnight. )If you have it in the freezer, take it out before you want to serve it …maybe and hour or so….& put in the refrigerator to soften up). No bake, just buy the ingredients; chocolate chips cookies, Cool Whip, at the grocery store & then go to the liquor store & get some Kahula…then put it all together, freeze & away you go! The original recipe calls for whipped cream but I use cool whip…I know it isn’t that healthy but when I want something really quick & easy, not that whipping cream is hard,,,,,, I use it. Certainly you can whip some cream…I will put the amounts in the recipe as an alternative to the Cool Whip. This freezer dessert is always such a big hit with everyone! It is always gone at the end of any party! I actually haven’t made it for quite a while, but some people are telling me that they want quick & easy recipes so here is one!
Chocolate Chip Cookie & Kahlua Torte
42 Chocolate Chip Cookies….I bought 2 300g bags of Chips Ahoy cookies…ate one so really only used 41!!!
2 1L containers of Cool Whip, defrosted in the fridge according to the instructions on the container *** if you want to use whipped cream, the amount in Norene Gilletz recipe is 2 cups of whipping cream & 1/4 cup of icing sugar…Whip the cream with the sugar until it is stiff.
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup Kahlua
1 square of semi- sweet chocolate *** to grate for the top of the Torte… you won’t need all of it
1 springform pan
- Open the packages of cookies…maybe eat one just to make sure they are good…….haha
- When your Cool Whip is soft enough to spoon out of the container, open them & have them ready to use
- Put the milk in one bowl big enough to dip a cookie into
- Put the kahlua in another bowl big enough to dip a cookie into
- Quickly dip cookies into the milk, then into the kahlua & line the bottom of the springform pan. Fill in the spaces with cookie…they get soft so this is easy
- Put 2-3 cups of Cool Whip evenly over the cookies
- Next, do the same with the cookies & put them on top of the Cool Whip
- Cover this second layer of cookies with 2-3 cups of Cool Whip
- Again, do the same with the remaining cookies…
- And top with more Cool Whip…I put on a fairly thick layer on top….but up to you..
- Grate some of the square of chocolate & sprinkle on top of the final layer of Cool Whip
- Put in the refrigerator overnight or freeze until ready to use… as I mentioned earlier…take this out of the freezer before you want to serve it & put in the refrigerator until ready to serve.