Chewy Chocolate Cookies! The deep delicious flavour of this cookie comes from using cocoa powder. It is easy change this cookie up a bit, using the batter as the base, you can add chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or chopped nuts.
I usually make them without any additions, that is how I prefer them. But, this time I added some white chocolate chips to half of the batter & I sprinkled coarse salt on the other half of the batter. These bake up pretty quickly, takes about 8 – 9 minutes. The recipe is from Hershey. I have looked for the recipe but could not find it online. I cut it out of a magazine a long time ago! I used to sell dry cookie mixes & this was one of the cookies that I sold… the other one was the Ginger Cookie mix..here is a link to that recipe. My company was called The Brown Bag Cookie Company.. the dry mix was easy to use, just adding butter & egg. I lost my co-packer & that ended that business.. It was fun while it lasted.
Here is the recipe
Chewy Chocolate Cookies from Hershey
1 1/4 cups butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts, optional
1 cup white chocolate chips, optional
coarse salt, optional
Preheat oven to 350
Prepare cookie sheets …line with parchment paper
- Cream the butter & sugar together *** I use my mixmaster for this
- Add the eggs & vanilla, mix well
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda & salt. Whisk together to combine
- Add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar/eggs, blend well
- At this point, you can add the optional ingredients..the chopped nuts or white chocolate chips . Stir them in. Or sprinkle a bit of coarse salt on them now.
- I use a tablespoon cookie scoop…or use a spoon & drop cookies onto your prepared cookie sheet leaving enough room between them as they spread during baking
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, cookies will be soft still, They puff up during baking but flatten when they are cool.
- Let them cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a cooling rack. Cool completely on a wire rack
3 thoughts on “Chewy Chocolate Cookies!”
Chocolate cookies are my ultimate fave!
Hope you like these!
[…] Tonight I am making this delicious Blackened Fish Sandwich I don’t want to forget about the Chopped Broccoli Salad This is so good, serve it over rice or quinoa….Chicken Breasts in Coconut Curry Sauce Paata time… this pasta dish is quick & easy One Pot Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes And how could I not make these Korean Style Bbq Ribs now that the weather is getting warm! And… some Chocolate Cookies! […]
You must log in to post a comment.