I love guacamole & I love hummus…so I combined them. Easy. Also good because I had 1 can of chickpeas & a couple of avocado that were getting nice & ripe so I needed to use them.
There isn’t much to write about it! So simple & good. Eat it any way you want… with tortilla chips… with pita chips..as a topping on a burger..on toast with an egg on top..put some on a baked potato & top with diced tomatoes & melt some cheese on top..as a dip for cut up vegetables…eat it with a spoon it’s so good! Anyway you want it.
Here is the recipe
1 clove of garlic
1 can chickpeas
1/4 – 1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
1 – 2 tsp salt *** I used 2 tsp kosher salt & its a bit too salty for me so start with 1 tsp but some people like things salty!!
pinch of cayenne pepper or to taste
Method *** I used a food processor but you can use a blender too….or an emersion hand blender
- With your food processor running, drop the garlic clove into the machine through the chute, this minces the garlic *** if you are using a blender or emersion hand blender… mince the garlic & add after the chickpeas are mashed
- Add the chickpeas to the blwl & process until they are finely mashed *** blender….put the chickpeas in the blender jar, close the lid & pulse until the chickepeas are finely minced… scrape down the sides of the jar often to ensure that it all gets minced...hand emulsion blender…put the chickpeas into a bowl & use your hand blender to mince them up
- Cut the avocados in half & remove flesh, use a spoon to scoop it out…remove the pit with a knife or I use my fingers…Take the avocado flesh & add to the chickpeas. Pulse the food processor until you see that the avocado & the chickpeas are combined …blender…do the same as the food processor method… Hand emulsion blender…you can mash the avacodo flesh fork if you want then add to the chickpeas or use the blender to combine them while mashing the avocado
- With any method of mixing your ingredients together… add the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, salt & cayenne pepper Mix well
- Adjust seasonings to your liking…. adding more cayenne for a ‘hotter’ flavor
2 thoughts on “Avocado Hummus”
Yum! We are big avocado eaters in our house!
Yummy, great with crackers!
You must log in to post a comment.