This is such a quick way to make chocolate chip cookies! My niece, who is 9, & I made this together one time when she was over visiting. It was a last-minute decision ….we really wanted dessert to enjoy together so this worked out perfectly!
The recipe is from Martha Stewart so I was not surprised that it was perfect! And the cool thing was that the cookie we made looked pretty much like the one on the website!
The cookie dough is pressed into a skillet, then baked in the oven! Not too many ingredients & this doesn’t take too long to bake! Simple & easy. There is something so delicious about chocolate chip cookies right? Crunchy cookie dough with melty chocolate that was left on our fingers after eating a piece of this… perfectly ok to lick off!! (This is cut like a pie, so there was lots of open edge where the chocolate was!!)
If you do not have a cast-iron skillet any oven-proof skillet will work or a pie pan too… & I bet even a square baking dish.. any way you can, you should give this recipe a try. The ingredients are probably in your house right now! No chocolate chips?? Maybe break up a couple of chocolate bars & use that instead? Smarties? M&M’s? Let me know if you make this cookie & if you used something other than the chocolate chips! It seems to me that any chocolatey delicious thing you might add would be delish!
Here is the link to the recipe on MarthaStewart.com
Here is the recipe (The ingredients are from the original recipe, my method…)
6 tbsp butter ***this is best at room temperature, so if your butter is in the fridge, measure out the 6 tbsp before you start anything else & hopefully it will soften up or a tip I have seen is that you take a glass, put hot water in it, dump out the water & turn the glass overtop of the butter, let it sit like that for a while & the butter is supposed to soften up!
1/3 cup brown sugar *** remember when you are measuring brown sugar to pack it into the measuring cup so it comes out like wet sand in a clump
1/2 cup sugar *** white sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350f
Get your baking dish ready. If you are using a cast iron skillet, do not grease. If you are using a pie pan or square baking dish I would spray it lightly with a non-stick spray or line with parchment paper… hard to do in a pie pan though
- I used my mix master, but you can mix this by hand if you prefer.
- In the bowl of your mixmaster, combine the butter & the 2 types of sugar. Beat until mixed together
- Add the vanilla & egg. Mix well
- Next, add the flour, baking soda & salt. Mix until well combined
- Take the mixing bowl off the mix master & add the chocolate chips in by hand, using a wooden spoon to mix them in until distributed throughout the cookie batter
- Put the dough into the cast iron skillet or baking dish & flatten the top out so that the dough has an even thickness throughout the pan
- Put the cookie into the oven & bake approx. 18 – 20 minutes until the cookie is golden brown *** In the recipe on Martha Stewart’s site, it says to bake until just set in the centre & the cookie is golden brown *** the cast iron pan is really hot coming out of the oven & stays hot for quite a while so be careful & use the proper oven mitts to remove it from he oven & also when cutting the cookie ….hold onto the handle of the pan with oven mitts.
- Let cool 5 minutes
4 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Cookie Baked in a Skillet”
That is like one epic pizza cookie or something. Naughty….but nice 😉
Looks great and works amazingly with ice cream 😀
It’s so easy to make! It was very good. Let me know do you try to!
[…] Chocolate Chip Cookie Baked in a Skillet […]
You must log in to post a comment.