Inspired by a recipe I saw on Bon Appetit, I used the avatar spice I had in the cupboard, a can of chickpeas & some tomatoes that were sitting around. The recipe from Bon Appetite had different spices, but the idea of chickpeas & tomatoes was from there
Simple, quick & a good dinner. Sometimes, I just like to look in the around the kitchen & make dinner. Have to use up the spices in the drawer & what is the pantry! If you don’t have za’atar or chickpeas or tomatoes…this is good so it is worth getting this ingredients & trying this recipe!! Nothing fancy just delicious.
I made this just for Murray & I so used only 2 bone-in chicken breasts…you can increase the amount of chicken then the spices accordingly. Add more tomatoes if you have more..I only used what I had…
Here is the recipe
2 bone-in chicken breasts
1 tbsp za’atar spice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 can drained chickpeas
grape tomatoes, about 12 or more ***I only had 12….if I had more I would have used them
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp za’atar spice
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp oil
Preheat oven to 450f
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Put the chicken breasts onto the baking sheet
- Mix the za’atar spice & oil together & spread on the chicken….sprinkle some kosher salt on the chicken
- Put the drained chickpeas & tomatoes into a bowl
- Mix the salt, za’atar spice, paprika & oil together..
- Put the spice mixture on the chickpeas & tomatoes & mix well
- Put the chickpeas mixture around the chicken breasts on the baking sheet
- Put it into the hot oven & roast until done…about 20 minutes…the tomatoes get browned & spit.. some of the chickpeas get crispy & some don’t…& it all turns out great!