I think this might be the last energy ball recipe I try! This is the 4th on I have made to see which one I like best! I prefer the first one that I made… All of these little balls are a great snack, if someone wants something sweet without any added sugar. Check out this recipe for energy balls #4 & let me know which recipe you prefer…if you haven’t tried any of the others I will include a link to them all below.
This recipe is very quick & simple to make. It just has a few ingredients. I didn’t have any chia seeds but I had every other ingredient in the house.
Here are the links to the other energy ball recipes
Sesame Vanilla Energy Balls #2
This recipe..#4, is from the Minimalist Baker. The recipe is call Peanut Butter Cup Energy Bites….
I made it as is in the recipe except for not adding any chia seeds
Here is the recipe
1 cup dates, cut in half to check for pits…*** if your dates are dry, soak them in hot water for a few minutes to soften up…drain well before using
3 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/4 cup chocolate, chopped up…..I used a non-dairy semi-sweet chocolate *** if you want this to be vegan, use a non-dairy chocolate
2/3 cup oats, I used a quick oats since this isn’t being cooked..
- Put the dates into the bowl of your food processor or blender & process until they are a paste…it will form a ball around the blade in the food processor
- Add the peanut butter, chocolate, & oats. Process until well combined
- TAKE THE BLADE OUT OF YOUR PROCESS so you don’t cut your fingers when you are making these into balls!!
- Using a tbsp cookie scoop or spoon, form the mixture into balls.
- Chill in the fridge to firm up
- Recipe says that these will keep for a week in an airtight container. They can be frozen as well… if you grab a couple from the freezer to take with you as a snack, they most likely will defrost by the time you want to eat them!
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter…please hit like if you do & share!
One thought on “Energy Balls #4 Peanut, Oats, Dates & Chocolate”
[…] Energy Balls #4 Peanut, Oats, Dates & Chocolate […]
You must log in to post a comment.