I saw this cake in an email I received from King Arthur Flour. I like their recipes. I have made a muffin recipe from that website…Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
This cake is dense with a delicious strong vanilla flavour. I think it would be a perfect cake for Mother’s Day, or any day! Serve with some strawberries & whipped cream on the side or top with a frosting of your choice, I would think that a nice vanilla frosting or chocolate frosting would be great!
Here it the link to the recipe on the King Arthur Flour website
Vanilla Bundt Cake
1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 large eggs
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour *** measure carefully.. the flour should not be “heaping’ but made flat with the back of a knife swept across the top of the measuring cup
1 tbsp vanilla extract…the real stuff! *** I used vanilla bean paste
3/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350f
Prepare a bundt cake pan by spraying it with non-stick vegetable spray
- Put the butter into the bowl of your mix master & beat until it is softened… the recipe says that it when it coats the sides of the bowl you know it is soft enough. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula
- Add the sugar & beat well.
- Add the eggs one at a time while the mix master is running, the mixture will not be smooth but kind of lumpy
- Add the baking powder & salt & mix just to combine
- Scrape down the sides & the bottom of the bowl
- Mix the vanilla into the milk
- With the mixer running, add the flour & milk alternately, in 3 additions, ending with the flour. Scrape down the sides & bottom of the bowl & mix a bit more to incorporate any batter from the sides & bottom
- Put the batter into the prepared bundt pan
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until it starts to brown & a cake tester ( toothpick or long skeeter) comes out clean when you poke it into the cake
- Take the cake out of the oven…the directions the original recipe say to loosen the edges with a heat proof spatula, & turn the cake over unto a cooling rack. Let it cool for 10 minutes then remove the cake pan, then cool completely
To serve you can sprinkle with some icing sugar or frost it with any type of frosting you prefer. Nice with berries & whipped cream too!
3 thoughts on “Vanilla Bundt Cake”
Looks lovely, especially with strawberries 😀
[…] Vanilla Bundt Cake […]
Thank you! It was very good. A lovely rich vanilla flavour
You must log in to post a comment.