Run don’t walk to the grocery store so you have time to put this together for the game..or anytime actually! This is a cheesy yummy nacho bake that you will need a fork for! Layers of nacho chips, refried beans, salsa and lots of cheese..nothing bad here!
Everything is from a jar or a package, unless you use beef..which you will have to cook before putting this together. This makes a big lasagna size pan full, so if you don’t have lots of people to eat it , you can halve it! Baked in the oven until the cheese is melted then top with cut up green onions and diced red pepper. The difference from this and regular nachos is baked this way everything kind of melds together to make one yummy dish!
Here is the recipe
Layered Nacho Bake
1 425g bag of nacho chips *** I use the unsalted ones ***there will be some left over
1 pkg of Mexican Veggie ground round ***if you want to use beef, use 1 lb & a pkg of taco seasoning
1 398 ml can of refried beans
1 635 ml jar of salsa
1 320 g bag of shredded cheddar cheese ***you can use any cheese you prefer here that melts
1 125 ml can of sliced jalapeño , drained
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 red pepper, diced
- Spray a 9 x 13 lasagna pan
- Cover the bottom of the pan with the nacho chips, approx 1/3 of the bag…you don’t want them 1 deep, i and mine at least 2 deep…..cover the whole pan…..I didn’t measure since its hard to measure whole nacho chips!!
- Crumble 1/2 of the pkg of veggie ground round and put all over the nacho chips ***if you want to use beef, season 1 lb of ground beef with a pkg of taco seasoning and cook according to the directions on the pkg. Make sure the beef is completely cooked and drain the fat off before putting this tougher.
- Next, dot 1/2 of the can of the refried beans all over the meat…it is not easy to spread so I just dotted it all over
- Now, spread 1/2 of the jar of salsa on, I used a spoon to spread this evenly over everything
- Now comes the cheese, sprinkle 1/2 the pkg all over
- REPEAT all the layers once more. the last layer is cheese
- Top with the sliced jalapeño
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 400F oven…the time may vary depending on your oven, you want the cheese to be melted
- Top with the chopped green onions and diced red pepper
Serve with sour cream, avocado & diced tomato
2 thoughts on “Layered Nacho Bake- Vegetarian”
What is the sixth ingredient? Sliced what?
[…] think this is a good day to revisit my post with a recipe for the Layered Nacho Bake. You can make this as a vegetarian dish using ground round or only vegetables & cheese…or […]
You must log in to post a comment.