I found this recipe on my phone, in my notes, from 2013. According to that note, Denis Cotter, author of the vegetarian cookbook For The Love of Food eats this dish so I am assuming it is his recipe! I have tried to find a link to this recipe online, but could not, so I am writing it here. I do not know if this recipe is identical to the one from Denis Cotter, but someone gave it to me! I am including a link to Denis Cotter’s website. Anyway…this brussel sprout dish was delicious.
12 oz brussel sprouts, washed, trimmed & cut in half
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, sliced ***I sliced mine very thinly
2 cloves of garlic, minced ***I used 1
1 cup of cherry tomatoes *** I used a whole small container of grape tomatoes
1 tbsp grated orange peel ***Murray didn’t like the orange peel, I would leave it out next time I make this
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp soy sauce
Kosher salt & pepper
- Blanch the brussel sprouts in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain, rinse in cold water and pat dry
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add onions. Cook about 2 minutes *** I cooked them until they were soft; which was longer than 2 minutes.
- Add the brussel sprouts to the onions and cook approx 5 minutes
- Add garlic, tomatoes, orange peel, maple syrup & soy sauce, cover and cook 2 minutes longer
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Here is the link to Denis Cotter Website