We love this recipe for a Quinoa Pilaf with Dried Fruit. A perfect side dish or have it cold as a salad…great for lunch! Easily adaptable to your personal taste which just adds to the glory of this recipe!Continue reading “Quinoa Pilaf with Dried Fruit”
- Sauté the onion & garlic in the 2 tbsp of olive oil until translucent of course it started to brown…which is ok!!
- Add the celery & continue to sauté until the celery starts to cook & becomes translucent
- Put the yellow pepper & zucchini in the pan, mix well. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the rest of the ingredients & mix well
- Bring to a boil & then reduce thereat so that the chili is simmering with a medium bubble
- Cover & simmer for about an hour, stirring often
I had some broccoli crowns in the fridge, some carrots and purple cabbage so I decided to make it all into a salad. It turned out really nicely. The key, Murray says, is to cut the broccoli up into small pieces. The dressing is slightly sweet with the addition of maple syrup. I have changed the type of vinegar in the dressing from the original recipe which I got from a friend. Served this with some salmon patties last night, but of course it will pair as a side with anything.
Here is the recipe
Chopped Broccoli Salad
serves 4 as a side dish
2 1/2 cups chopped broccoli, cut into small pieces
1 cup purple cabbage, sliced thinly than diced
1 carrot, finely grated
1/2 cup dried cranberries *** this is also good with currants
1/2 – 1 cup of toasted sunflower seeds *
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 olive oil
1 small shallot, finely chopped
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper
1 .Combine the shopped broccoli, purple cabbage, grated carrot and dried cranberries together in a medium size bowl
2. In an ungreased skillet, gently toast the sunflower seeds. shake the skillet often to make sure they toast evenly. Cool slightly then add to the broccoli mixture.
3. Mix the dressing ingredients together. I like to mix my salad dressings in a jar and shake to combine.
This dressing recipe makes more than you need for this amount of salad so use any amount to suit your taste.
This is a cheesy yummy Vegetarian Layered Nacho Bake recipe that you will need a fork for! Layers of nacho chips, veggie ground round, refried beans, salsa and lots of cheese!Continue reading “Vegetarian Layered Nacho Bake”
I saw this recipe recently on foodiecrush.com and thought it would be great for a vegetarian meal but I served it as a side salad with a frittata!
An old favourite salad recipe that I forget about! With all of the new recipes I look at everyday & the new ‘trendy’ way to eat vegetables…kale, shaved brussels sprouts… it is nice to turn back & re-visit some past favs
This is perfect for game day…or any day actually!!!!
This is a cheesy yummy nacho bake that you will need a fork for! Layers of nacho chips, refried beans, salsa and lots of cheese!
I am having company for dinner tonight.. & could not decide what to make as a side dish with the chicken… so I decided to look through my own blog for a recipe that I might have forgotten about! & I found this! I love it..Continue reading “Quinoa Pilaf with Dried Fruits ( first posted in January 2017)”
I am re-posting this salad …. I really need something green for dinner!! We are in a snow fall warning today in Edmonton….ha so green on our plates tonight!!!
Continue reading “Chopped Broccoli Salad ( originally posted Jan/18)”