This is a cheesy yummy Vegetarian Layered Nacho Bake recipe that you will need a fork for! Layers of nacho chips, veggie ground round, refried beans, salsa and lots of cheese!
Everything you will need to make this recipe is from a jar or a package. This makes a big lasagna size pan full, so if you don’t have lots of people to eat it, you can halve the recipe.
*** This recipe is vegetarian, I used Veggie Ground Round but if you want to add meat you can. I have given the method for meat as well as the veggie ground round
The Vegetarian Layered Nacho Bake is baked in the oven until the cheese is melted then topped with cut up green onions and diced red pepper. The difference from this and regular nachos is that baked this way everything kind of melds together to make one yummy dish!
Here is the recipe
Vegetarian Layered Nacho Bake
1 425g bag of nacho chips *** I use the unsalted ones ***there will be some left over
1 pkg of Mexican Veggie ground round ***if you want to use beef, use 1 lb & a pkg of taco seasoning.THIS IS OPTIONAL. YOU CAN LEAVE THIS OUT & IT IS STILL DELISH
1 398 ml can of refried beans
1 635 ml jar of salsa
1 320 g bag of shredded cheddar cheese ***you can use any cheese you prefer here that melts
1 125 ml can of sliced jalapeño, drained
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 red pepper, diced
- Spray a 9 x 13 lasagna pan
- Cover the bottom of the pan with the nacho chips, approx 1/3 of the bag…about 2 deep…..cover the whole pan…..I didn’t measure since its hard to measure whole nacho chips!!
- Crumble 1/2 of the pkg of veggie ground round & spread it all over the nacho chips ***if you want to use beef, season 1 lb of ground beef with a pkg of taco seasoning and cook according to the directions on the pkg. Make sure the beef is completely cooked and drain the fat off before putting this tougher.
- Next, dot 1/2 of the can of the refried beans all over the ground round layer…it is not easy to spread so I just dotted it all over
- Now, spread 1/2 of the jar of salsa on, I used a spoon to spread this evenly over everything
- Now comes the cheese, sprinkle 1/2 the pkg all over
- REPEAT all the layers once more. the last layer is cheese
- Top with the sliced jalapeño
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 400F oven…the time may vary depending on your oven, you want the cheese to be melted
- Top with the chopped green onions and diced red pepper
Serve with sour cream, avocado & diced tomato