This is my go-to pickled brisket dish. I have boiled pickled briskets, I have made them in an InstaPot My New Instant Pot! Corned Beef & Cabbage, bur my very favourite way to cook & eat a picked brisket is this way!
The recipe is from THE PLEASURES OF YOUR PROCESSOR BY NORENE GILLETZ.
Here is link to the paperback version of this cookbook
My copy of this cookbook is soooo tattered & worn out from use! I thought about buying a new one, which are hard to find, but I like the little notes I have written all over the pages…the drips of batter & smudges everywhere…so, i am keeping it!
This is a very simple recipe.
Here is the recipe
4-5 lb pickled brisket
2 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed *** I have used 1/4 cup of brown sugar & it is still tasty!
2 tbsp honey
Line a baking dish with aluminium foil… enough to wrap around the brisket…
- Wash the spices off of the pickled brisket, Pat it dry`
- Put the brisket onto the foil
- In small bowl, mix the dry mustard, the paprika & sugar together. Sprinkle this spice mixture all over the meat, top, bottom & sides & rib in
- Drizzle the honey over-top of the meat, & i kind of smear it around
- Wrap the meat in the foil so it is completely covered
- Put into a 325f oven & bake for approximately 3 hours or until tender. *** I always check it after 3 hours…either unwrap it a bit & put a meat fork into the centre of the roast…if it is tender it is done, if not re-cover it & return to the oven checking often.
- slick think & pour any of the juice left in the foil over top of the meat