I love pasta salad, but the problem is sometimes I find that the pasta is quite tasteless & worse for me is if it is undercooked…or overcooked I suppose! I realize I don’t love the vegetables in there either…I am not being critical of other peoples pasta salads…I just wanted to make mine a bit different & see how it turned out.
So. I have roasted some vegetables, left out the cucumber & gave it a try. I used a greek pasta salad dressing that I have previously used. I roasted some fish to eat with this…I will tell you haw I made the fish as well although I do not have a picture of it….we ate it up before I could get one!
This recipe makes a good quantity of pasta salad so if it is just for a couple of you, I would halve the recipe. Or increase it as needed for a crowd! I would say that this serves 8 people with a good size portion.
Greek Pasta Salad
Greek Pasta Salad
4 cups uncooked shell pasta *** you can use any kind of pasta shape you like but not a long one… rotini, macaroni …something like that
1 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
1 orange pepper, sliced thinly
225 g ( 1/2 pound) small tomatoes, cut in 1/4’s if big or in 1/2 for smaller tomatoes *** I used cocktail tomatoes but grape or cherry would work here too
2 – 3 Tbsp olive oil *** for the vegetables
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup pitted olives, sliced *** I used kalamata olives & cut them in half
3/4 cup feta, crumbled up *** add more or less feta…to your liking
Greek Salad Dressing
*** please not that there is no added salt to this dressing. the feta & olives are salty & it is not needed in the dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp oregano
2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- Add the pasta & cook until it is tender ***I do not like pasta to be al-dente in a pasta salad
- While the pasta is cooking, roast the vegetables
- Put the peppers & tomatoes on a lined baking sheet ***I used aluminum foil
- Toss the vegetables with the 2 tbsp olive oil & sprinkle with coarse salt
- Bake the vegetables in a 400f oven until soft, approx 15 minutes *** this time depends on the size you have cut your vegetables…so keep on eye on them!
- When the vegetables are soft, remove them from the oven & set aside
- Mix the salad dressing together while everything else is cooking **** mix all of the salad ingredients together in a jar & shake it up. Set Aside
- When your pasta is finished cooking, drain it & put into a really large bowl that will allow you to mix everything together
- Add the cooked vegetables to the pasta
- Add the olives & feta
- Put the salad dressing on & mix throughly *** for this amount of pasta I used all of the dressing reserving about 1 tbsp for the fish ***Adjust the amount of dressing you use to the amount of pasta you have. You need enough dressing so that this salad is tasty & not dry
This is how I made the fish
I had 2 pieces of defrosted cod that I had bought at Costco. I put the pieces of fish on the same bakinng tray that I had cooked the vegetables on, on the same paper..which added some flavour to the bottom of the fish…I realized this when we were eating it…it was a good idea. I took 2 handfuls..haha…of panko crumbs & put them into a bowl, added about 1 tbsp of olive oil & the tbsp of the left-over salad dressing..mixed it up together so the crumbs were nice & moist. I put salt & peper on the fish, then I used half of the crumb mixture on each piece of fish…sprinkled it with parsley flakes & baked it at 400f until it was cooked. I was not going to blog about this fish.. that is also why there is not picture, but it turned out really delicious so I thought I would add it . I think that any salad dressing with the crumbs will work..
4 thoughts on “Greek Pasta Salad”
Sounds Delicious Marilyn!!
Thanks!!! It is tasty:)
Sounds and looks so tasty!
that looks sumptuous
You must log in to post a comment.