Pumpkin Biscuits with Cheddar Cheese..an interesting combination for sure. We weren’t completely convinced that this would be good but it is! I think this is a great accompaniment for any meal & I also made it into a sandwich with lox & cream cheese!
Another great recipe from King Arthur Flour! I only changed one thing.. the recipe called for the option of adding cheddar cheese powder which I did not have, so I had to leave it out. It would add a much richer cheese flavour but I liked these biscuits without, so not necessary to run out & get cheese powder..unless you have a box of Kraft dinner sitting around you want to steal the cheese powder from….the recipe calls for adding 1/4 cup of cheese powder if you want to.
Quick to put together, these would be good for dinner or to grab on the way out to shop for Black Friday….
Here is the recipe makes about 8-10 biscuits
2 cups flour
1/4 cup cheese powder…optional ***I DID NOT ADD THIS
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice *** if you don’t have this use cinnamon or make your own pumpkin spice ***
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe from Betty Crocker
3 tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
Mix these spices together to make pumpkin pie spice….store in a small jar…
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup pumpkin puree
1-2 tbsp milk & a bit extra to brush on top of the biscuits before cooking them
some grated cheddar to sprinkle on top of the biscuits before cooking..this is optional
Preheat oven to 425f Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it
- Whisk the flour, cheese powder if using, baking powder salt & pumpkin pie spice together in a large bowl
- Put the butter into the flour mixture & work it in until the texture of the four is like coarse crumbs you can do this with your hands, 2 knives, or a pastry blender
- Now add the grated cheddar cheese & the pumpkin puree
- Mix together until all of the dough is moistened…add the milk 1 tbsp at a time as needed…the dough should be able to stick together
- Put the dough onto a lightly floured work surface
- Flatten the dough into a circle that is 3/4″ thick
- Using a round 3″ cutter or a glass, cut the biscuits, bring the edges together into a circle again & continue to make biscuits using up all of the dough
- Place the biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet
- Brush the tops with milk… & I sprinkled some grated cheddar on top of the biscuits before baking
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until they are brown
- You can serve these biscuits warm … we ate them warm, not warm…I cut them in half & toasted the leftovers… any way they are good
2 thoughts on “Pumpkin Biscuits with Cheddar Cheese”
Looks too tasty and yummy 🙂
Thanks! We really like them!
You must log in to post a comment.