I have no idea who gave me this recipe… it is just written down on an index card….but it it is a really good recipe. Dense & delicious. You can make this with or without added raisins…nuts…plain is great…you can adapt it to your taste. This recipe makes 2 loaves so I made one with raisins & one plain! Murray loves raisins in just about everything but the rest of the family doesn’t!
As I said this recipe makes 2 loaf pans but if you don’t have 2 loaf pans you can make this in a bundt pan. I will give baking times in the recipe for both options
I love eating this pumpkin loaf with a schmear of cream cheese on it!
Here is the recipe
2/3 cup butter, room temp or use parve margarine to make this non-dairy
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup pureed pumpkin 4 eggs
3 1/3 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp; salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cups nuts, chopped optional
2/3 cup raisins, optional
Preheat oven to 350f *** if you are going to use a bundt pan, preheat the oven to 325f
Greace 2 loaf pans or a bundt pan
- In the bowl of mixer or by hand, cream the butter & sugar together until it is well combined
- Add the pumpkin puree, mix well
- Next add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, & cinnamon. Stir to combine
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture 7 mix well
- If adding the nuts & raisins now is the time to do it!!! Mix them well!
- divid the batter equally between the 2 prepared loaf pans or all of the batter into the prepared bundt pan
- Bake the 2 loaf pans for about 70 minutes & the bundt pan for 50 – 60 minutes Bake until a cake tester comes out dry
- Remove from the oven & set on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes…… remove from the pans to cool completely
2 thoughts on “Pumpkin Loaf”
As I have gotten older I write in the corner of the recipe card where the recipe came from and the date. I figure the kids will like to know that info when I am gone. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Such a good idea!!!! I should make a note on the recipes I have with that info! Don’t remember this one though!
You must log in to post a comment.