This banana loaf has added pineapple & honestly…this cake is so moist & delicious that it might me the only one I bake anymore! I used to make this cake years ago & it got set aside for other cakes, breads, loaves…whatever banana baked goods are called!! What makes them a bread? a cake? a loaf? Does it really matter? NOPE!!! Whatever its called… bananas baked in any way are always well liked! OF course I have other recipes that I will make again…but this one is definitely a winner!The recipe is from Robin Hood Flour. Looks like I ripped it out of a magazine..hopefully my own!!! Of course it was…I would not rip out a recipe from a magazine in an office….The sheet is tattered & has evidence of being well used!
On the other side of the paper is a recipe for Caramel Apple Cake,,, I know what I am baking next!
Here is a grocery list for the cake…you will need other than flour, sugar etc…so when you go buy groceries grab these 2 things…
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 3 ripe bananas
Here is the recipe This cake makes 2 loaf pans or you can use one 9 x 13 pan, bake for approx. 40 -50 minutes, or a bundt pan, bake for approx 50-60 minutes
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup undrained crushed pineapple
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups oil, not olive oil
2 cups mashed ripe bananas….about 3 bananas
2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350f Grease 2 loaf pans, or 1 bundt pan or 1- 9×13 pan
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda & salt together in a bowl. Use a whisk or fork to combine these ingredients
- In a different bowl, beat the pineapple, eggs, oil & bananas together until blended
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 prepared loaf pans if using them, otherwise pour all of the batter into the bundt or 9×13 pan
- Bake for 60 – 70 minutes in the loaf pans, approximately 50–60 minutes in the bundt pan , or 40 – 50 minutes in the 9×13 pan
- Cool about 15 minutes in the pan then turn them out & continue cooling on racks