This is our family recipe!! Tenen Family Meatloaf…you’ll notice the addition of ketchup in the mixture and on top….my mom added ketchup to most foods she made!
I love meatloaf and so does my family. It is a simple dish to prepare! I love the ease of this recipe. Just mix the meat mixture up & shape it into a loaf & pop it in the oven. I bake mine until the top is nicely browned & the fat from the meat has cooked out of it. You will see it pools along the bottom sides of the Tenen Family Meatloaf, this is what I wait for before taking the meatloaf out of the oven. Let the meatloaf sit for about 15-20 minutes before cutting into this.
Our fav sides are simple mashed potato and peas but anything goes really well…also canned baked beans are so good with meatloaf!
Here is the recipe
Tenen Family Meatloaf
2 lbs ground beef
1 medium onion, finely diced ( approx.1 cup)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 bread crumbs
1/2 cup ketchup- divided
1 tsp garlic
salt & pepper
You will need a 9 x13 baking dish
1. Put the ground beef into a large bowl.
2. Add the diced onions, beaten eggs and 1/4 cup of ketchup
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well, I like to use my hands
4. Place the beef mixture into the 9 x 13 baking dish and form into a solid loaf shape
5. Brush the reserved 1/4 cup of ketchup all over the top
6. Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until throughly cooked
Let the meatloaf sit for 15-20 minutes before cutting it