This recipe is from Norene Gilletz, THE PLEASURES OF YOUR PROCESSOR BY NORENE GILLETZ, which I use all the time! I have posted several recipes from this book since it is my ‘go-to’ book with good basic a recipes that always work for me.
These cookies are parve, which means dairy free. They are a favourite in our house! I like to have some in my freezer all the time. I have been making them forever…..well at least since this cookbook came out! If you do not have a food processor, make them in your mix master….
Here is the recipe
Cinnamon ‘S’ Cookies
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup oil
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 375f
Prepare 3 baking sheets by lining it with parchment paper, if you do not have 3 sheets, use what you have & bake in batches
- Mix the sugar & cinnamon together in a bowl or rimmed flat dish..like a pie plate, that will be big enough to roll a cookie in…you will coat the S cookie in this mixture before baking. Set aside You can mix this in your food processor if you want by putting the sugar & cinnamon in the bowl of your food processor & pulse to mix. Remove from the food processor
- Put the eggs, brown sugar & oil in the bowl of the food processor & process for a few seconds until mixed.
- Remove the lid & add the flour & baking powder. Norene says to process with pulse just until the flour disappears… not to over-mix
- Remove the dough to a bowl or else take the blade out so you don’t cut your fingers…& the blade does not get in your way…
- Take a tbsp of cookie dough & roll it into a small log about 3 inches long… & shape into an ‘S’ or any shape you want really…you can twist it, I have formed into letters when the kids were small… I always make an ‘S’ now
- Roll this shaped cookie in the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Put the cookies onto the cookie sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until brown. Baking time will depend on the size of your cookies so keep an eye on them!
- Remove from the cookie sheet with a spatula & cool on a cooling rack.
3 thoughts on “Cinnamon ‘S’ Cookies”
These look just like my grandma’s homemade cookies 😀
Nice!!! They are good!
Sound delicious, I’m sure the brown sugar is an important ingredient here!
You must log in to post a comment.