Here is the recipe
Graham Cracker Squares
13 whole graham wafers ***amount will depend on the size of cookie sheet you will use
1 cup butter, cut into chunks
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Line a 9 x 14 inch cookie sheet with parchment paper
3. Line the cookie sheet with the graham wafer squares on top of the parchment paper in a single layer
4. Put the butter, brown sugar and vanilla into a medium size saucepan
5. Over medium heat, cook the butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth and well combined. Stir often to avoid burning. ***I let mine gently boil for about 1-2 minutes to make sure it was well cooked
6. After it is cooked, pour the mixture evenly over the graham wafers. Use the back of a spoon to spread it out making sure all of the graham wafers are covered right to the edges.
7.. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes
8. Remove from the oven and spread slivered almonds evenly oner the entire top *** if adding chocolate let cool for about 5 minutes… then sprinkle approximately 1 cup of chocolate chips over top, then as they soften spread the chocolate evenly all over.
9. Sprinkle coarse salt evenly over the almonds.
10. Let cool for about 10 minutes then cut into squares. I usually loosen the cut squares a bit from the pan before cooling as they can be a bit difficult once really cold to lift off the pan because the sugar sticks to the parchment. Cool completely before eating
****Be careful not to handle them while hot, as the caramel can easily burn you!
Line Cookie Sheet with Graham Wafers