These salmon patties are a staple in our house. I keep a couple of cans of salmon in the pantry to whip up these patties for dinner anytime. They are good as the main in a meal, on a bun as a burger or cold from the fridge.
It just takes canned salmon, eggs, & bread crumbs. I am glad they have canned salmon now without the bones & skin.. just makes it easier & quicker to make this dish. I always take out the skin & bones…though I know some people just mash up the bones…not for me!
Here is the recipe
2- 170g cans of salmon, drained ***I like to buy the ones without bones and skin, but if you do not have those, I remove the bones and skin but this is your choice.
1 small onion, chopped ***approximately 1/3 cup
1/4 cup bread crumbs + 1 cup for coating the patties
1 tsp minced dill
salt & pepper
oil for frying
- Mix the salmon, eggs, onion, 1/4 cup bread crumbs & dill together. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Place some bread crumbs onto a plate for coating the patties, start with 1 cup adding more if necessary
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop out the salmon into your hand and form it into a patty. Coat it with some bread crumbs by putting onto the plate, then turn it over to coat the other side. Gently pat the crumbs onto the salmon mixture
- Carefully place in the frying pan, making sure not to splatter the oil …don’t want to burn yourself!
- When brown on the bottom side, gently turn over to cook the other side ***use a spatula and a knife…the knife to help steady the patty when putting it back into the oil
- Place the salmon patties onto some paper towel to drain off any excess oil