I made these vegan burgers the other day & they are quite good, even my meat-loving son ate them!
These burgers were a bit dry in texture but I baked them so I think had I pan-fried them, they would have been moister. There is a sauce that goes along with this recipe & it is delicious so we just used lots of the sauce!!
I will make these again for sure… good to have in the freezer for a quick healthy meal…
The recipe is from The Full Helping….
There are ingredients called for in this recipe that you might not have at home so I am giving you a shopping list….
Here is a shopping list…..
can of chickpeas
Here is the recipe
! cup dry quinoa
2 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh preferably
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 tbsp za’atar spice
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp chives, minced
pepper to taste
1 clove garlic minced or 1 tsp dried garlic powder
1/4 cup tahini
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp minced chives
If you want to bake these chickpea patties, line a baking sheet with aluminium foil & spray with a non-stick spray…. otherwise you can pan fry these
For the Chickpea & Quinoa Burgers
- If your quinoa needs to be rinsed, rinse it …. but it has to be drained in a colander with small holes otherwise the quinoa falls through the colander holes…Put the quinoa in the water & bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer & cook the quinoa until the water is absorbed & the quinoa is tender. Cover the pot & set aside for about 10 minutes
- Process the pumpkin seeds until they are a fine meal…
- Add drained quinoa & chickpeas to the food processor & mix until well combined
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor…the tahini, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, za’atar, salt, chives, pepper & garlic. Mix until it all comes together..
- Add a bit of water to this mixture if it seems too dry to hold together. You have to be able to form patties… the mixture has to stick together
- I used a 1/2 cup scoop to measure out equal portions of this mixtures, flattened them & put onto a baking sheet & baked in a 350f oven for about 25 minutes…I turned them over half way through the cooking time
- Alternatively you can pan fry them until they are crispy…turn them over to cook on both sides
- Serve with the Tahini Sauce
For the Tahini Sauce
- Mix all of the ingredients together until well blended & smooth. I used a jar… just put all of the ingredients into the jar & shook it up. My tahini is very loose…some tahini is very thick..so if your tahini it thick, use a processor or blender to mix the ingredients for the sauce together.