I know it is Meatless Monday’ but we had meatless Saturday & Sunday!!! So today, even though it is raining, I think BBQ chicken is whats for supper tonight!
The big decision is what type of BBQ chicken!! Today I think I am going to cook my mother-in-laws’ recipe for Kobe Chicken & have some Cauliflower Fried Rice with it! Asian style food all the way…. & maybe some sautéed broccoli! Yep.. that is it for dinner tonight!!
This chicken can be made in the oven as well, just make sure you discard the marinade, do not pour it on the chicken in the roasting pan….it will be too salty. I would put the marinated chicken on a baking sheet…but a roasting pan would work too. Just make sure the chicken is in a single layer. Turn the chicken over so that both sides get brown. Cook the chicken at 350f until throughly cooked.
Here is the recipe
THIS MARINADE IS ENOUGH FOR ONE CUT UP CHICKEN…ABOUT 3 LBS…USE WHATEVER TYPE OF CHICKEN PIECES YOUR PREFER
(Recipe is from my mother-in-law…. I do not know it’s origin)
1/2 cup soya sauce
1/2 cup water
4 green onions, chopped just use the whites & the light green part
2 tbsp sesame seeds…..this is optional if you have an allergy!!!
2 tbsp sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl or measureing cup
- I put the chicken pieces into a zip loc bag…or use any container that you can fit all of the chicken pieces in & move them around so all of the pieces get marinaded!
- Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces, seal the bag & make sure the marinade gets all over each piece of chicken by moving the chicken pieces around in the bag. Marinade at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to BBQ the chicken pieces, take the chicken out of the bag & DISCARD THE MARINADE
- BBQ the chicken making sure the chicken is cooked throughly
You must log in to post a comment.