My niece Molly told me about this delicious cake! Moist & very flavourful, it made a wonderful dessert & the leftovers were great with a cup of coffee!!
This recipe is made with a boxed cake mix, a box of chocolate pudding, kahlua & vodka…. you just have to pick up a few things at the grocery store so you can make this!
Quick to put together, non-dairy & boozy! There is a glaze but I think that the cake would be just as good without the glaze if you do not want to make it. The glaze is made with kahlua & icing sugar…you could just sprinkle some icing sugar over the cake to ‘dress it up’ a bit & it would be less sweet.
Here is the recipe
For the cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup oil
1/4 cup kahlua
1/4 cup vodka
3/4 cup water
For the glaze
3/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
1/4 cup kahlua
Preheat oven to 350f
Grease a tube or bundt cake pan…I spray my pans with a non-stick spray
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a mixer until well combined
- Put the batter into the prepared cake pan
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour
- Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes before turning it out of the pan..if the cake is too hot it will break… let the cake cool on a cooling rack
- When the cake is cool, make the glaze
- Mix the sifted icing sugar & kahlua together
- Pour over the cooled cake
4 thoughts on “Molly’s Kahlua Vodka Cake”
Now THAT sounds delicious! I love Kahlua! I used to make my own.
I’ve never made Kahlua!
It’s really easy. This was pretty much the recipe I used to use.
You must log in to post a comment.