Fresh corn cut off the cob, fresh crisp tomatoes, mint & feta! This corn salad is delicious with just olive oil & salt & pepper to dress it. A perfect accompaniment to anything really.
I served this salad as part of a dinner buffet with the Arugula Salad with Grilled Halloumi & a grilled vegetable torte. All 3 recipes from NYT Cooking! One of my favourite sites to get ideas & recipes from.
The rest of the menu was Blackened Fish Sandwich – Tasting Table & some potato chips! I used pre-made Pollack fish burgers from Costco. We really like these fish burgers…we also get the frozen salmon burgers from Costco as well.
The complete menu was
Blacken fish burgers served with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, guacamole & the aoli from the menu & buns,
Fresh corn salad with tomato & mint
Grilled vegetable Torte
Fresh Strawberry Pie
Here is the recipe for the Corn Salad from NYT Cooking Mark Bittman
3 cups of corn from 6 ears of corn
a handful of grape tomatoes or 1 large ripe tomato
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
salt & pepper
- Boil the corn & let it cool
- Using a knife cut the kernels off the cobs..I do this over a large bowl so that all the pieces of corn just fall into the bowl & not all over the counter!!
- Cut the grape tomatoes into half or quarters, depending upon your preference, if using a large tomato, dice it. Add the tomatoes to the corn kernels
- Add the crumbled feta to the bowl
- Drizzle some olive oil on & mix the ingredients together
- Add the mint leaves. Toss the mint into the other
- Seaaon with salt & pepper