The fresh blueberries are so delicious now…plump & juicy!
There were a lot of emails going around with blueberry recipes last week, so I wanted to join in. I just needed a small dessert & happened to have the right amount of fresh blueberries in my fridge for this recipe!
The recipe is from marthastewart.com Blueberry Crisp
The only real comment I have about this recipe is… I warmed it up to serve it & it was very runny. There is a note in the recipe to add more cornstarch if you want the blueberry filling to be less runny,,,,I did as suggested but it was still really liquidy. This morning, after being in the fridge over-night it is much more solid… so..my suggestion would be, serve this in a bowl with a spoon if you want it warm & some ice-cream would be good with it!
The recipe is really quick to make… all of the ingredients are most likely in your pantry..except maybe the fresh blueberries! I bet you could use frozen fruit for this crisp. just add more cornstarch.
I have made this recipe vegan using a vegan margarine but you can use butter if you want!
Here is the recipe
For the filling
6 cups of blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp + 1 tsp cornstarch *** you could add another teaspoon of cornstarch if you want this to thicker
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp coarse salt
For the topping
6 tbsp vegan margarine *** I use Becel vegan margarine
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup whole oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp coarse salt
Preheat oven to 375f
One 8×8 baking dish
- Grease the baking dish … I sprayed it with non-stick spray 7 set aside
- Make sure the blueberries are washed & look for any little stems that might be attached to some the blueberries!
- Put the blueberries into a bowl
- Add the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice & salt. Mix well to make sure the dry ingredients are even distributed among the blueberries
- Put the blueberries into the prepared baking dish
- Now, make the topping
- Mix the four, oats, baking powder & salt together & set aside
- Cream the margarine & sugar together…you can do this by hand since the margin is really soft ** if you use butter, cream this together in a mixer or food processor
- Add the flour/oat mixture to the creamed butter/sugar & mix this together by hand until well combined
- Put this topping evenly on the blueberries
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving
You must log in to post a comment.