Always on the lookout for interesting, easy & tasty chicken recipes, I came across this one from Chatalaine.com
The chicken breasts are grilled then a hoisin sauce is brushed on them while they are still hot! Garnished with some crispy onions & cilantro…you can leave the cilantro off if you don’t like it!
I changed a few things in the recipe so I am going to give you my version of it!
Here is the link to the original recipe Hoisin-peanut Grilled Chicken
Here is the recipe, inspired by Chatelaine.com
1/2 cup chopped cilantro if using
3 tbsp crispy fried onions *** I used French’s
a shake of red pepper flakes
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp orange juice
4 chicken breasts
- In a bowl, mix the cilantro, crispy onions & the red pepper flakes into a bowl. I broke up the onion pieces if they were too big & I just put a small shake of the red pepper flakes in the bowl. The amount of red pepper flakes depends on how ‘hot’ you like your food. I don’t like it too spicy & Murray can always add some hot sauce if he wants it hotter. Set this aside
- Combine the hoisin sauce & orange juice together in a small bowl & set aside
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt
- You can oil the grill if your grill needs to be oiled…I did not
- Grill the chicken breasts with the lid closed until done… the recipe on chatalaine.com says about 6-8 minutes per side until it is completely cooked, I used a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken was cooked but not over-cooked. The safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165f, measured in the thickest part of the chicken, according to the website the Kitchn
- Put the cooked chicken breasts onto a serving dish & brush half of the hoisin sauce on the chicken immediately while it is still hot!
- Garnish with the cilantro/onion mixture
- I sprinkled some toasted sesame seeds on top of the garnished chicken
- Serve with the rest of the hoisin sauce