Could there be a simpler cookie? Maybe, but this recipe is one of them! I love them!
I wanted something chocolate that was non-dairy for dessert to go along side the coffee cake I was serving & didn’t really have time to bake, so remembered this recipe & it was perfect! Also, it is difficult to find non-dairy chocolates where I live so had to make some!
The recipe is from Second Helpings Please! , called CHOCOLATE CRUNCHIES.
There is not really anything more to say about this!!! Simple, tasty, easy …. what more could we want from a no-bake cookie 🙂
I made this recipe without nuts…. & using non-diary chocolate makes this recipe vegan….
Here is the recipe from Second Helpings Please!
8 oz ( 1 cup) semi – sweet chocolate…***I made this recipe with parve/non-dairy chocolate chips…but you can use any chocolate you want… does not have to be non-dairy
1 1/2 cups cornflakes
1 cup raisins *** optional
1/2 cup chopped nuts ***optional
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.. so you can remove the cooled cookies easily
- Melt the chocolate in a large bowl…. I melted it in the microwave…so if you do this make sure your bowl is microwave safe…or melt the chocolate over a low heat on the stove
- Add the cornflakes & raisins, ( nuts if you are using them) to the melted chocolate
- Mix well so that all of the ingredients are coated with the chocolate
- Drop by a tablespoon… I used a cookie scoop, onto a lined baking sheet
- Let these sit until the chocolate hardens… I put the baking sheet in the refrigerator
- That’s it!!!