My friend Rhonda always makes brownies with a white icing in-between the brownie & a chocolate frosting & my daughter Jacki really likes them I am not sure if this is the recipe she uses. This brownie recipe is quick & easy to make.
The recipe is from Norene Gilletz THE PLEASURES OF YOUR PROCESSOR. The basic brownie recipe & the two-tone mint brownies…but I didn’t make them mint flavoured. Basically, you make a brownie recipe, wait for them to be cool completely…then put a vanilla icing on…let that set for a few minutes then put a chocolate glaze on top of the icing.
My niece had some & told me that these brownies were like a chocolate cake I make, chocolate cake I think it was because I put some little ball sprinkles on top of the chocolate frosting…& I had done that with the chocolate cake…
This recipe is different from the cake. The cake is soft & moist & these brownies are much more dense…but both recipes are delicious. The brownies cook much quicker than the cake. And the cake recipe is vegan, which my niece would not know…
Note…I see that there is another brownie recipe, Brownies, that I have put on this blog that also has the same candy balls on it…..haha I add them because the kids in my family like them…but maybe I should get different ones so the pictures do not look the same 🙂 The 2 brownie recipes are different…so i am putting this recipe on …The difference is that this recipe uses chocolate chips & the other one uses cocoa. So which brownie recipe I use depends on the ingredients I have at home & the type of brownie texture I feel like having…. I also have a favourite on that is non=diary….but that might be for another blog..there are just so many brownie recipes….
.Here is the recipe for these brownies, Norene Gilletz, THE PLEASURES OF YOUR PROCESSOR
!/2 cup of butter or parve margarine if you want to make these non-diary
2/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp water
6 oz of chocolate chips
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract ***or use peppermint extract if you want to make these mint chocolate brownies
2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup butter or parve margarine
2 tbsp water or milk
1 tsp vanilla or peppermint extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tbsp butter or parve margarine
9 inch square pan…greased
Preheat oven to 350f
- Combine the butter, sugar & water in a saucepan & bring to boil stirring often until the sugar melts
- Put the chocolate chips into the bowl of a food processor, add the hot butter/sugar mixture & process this until the chocolate chips are melted. Scrape down the sides of the bowl
- Add the eggs one at a time through the feed tube, mixing after each egg is added. Scrape the sides of the bowl
- Add the flour, baking powder & vanilla to the food processor bowl & mix with a few on/off pulses until this is all mixed together
- Scrape the batter from the food processor bowl into the prepared square baking dish *** wash the food processor as you will need it to mix the icing…
- Bake for 30 minutes & let cool on a rack in the baking dish
- While the brownies are cooling, mix the icing ingredients together, the icing sugar, parve margarine, milk & vanilla, in the food processor. Set aside until the brownies are completely cool
Spread the icing over top of the cooled brownies, let it sit for 10 minutes to firm up
- Combine the chocolate chips & parve margarine together in a microwave safe bowl, and heat to melt the chocolate chips. Mix well
Spread the chocolate glaze over the icing on the brownies
Let sit to firm up the glaze
Cut into squares to serve
3 thoughts on “Double Iced Brownies”
Oh yum – I have made WAY too many sweets this week but those might get me…. sound so good!
They are good. What did you make this week?
I’ve seen so many dessert recipes this week, don’t know when to make them all 😀
You must log in to post a comment.