Pick up some fresh peaches at the market & make this delicious Peach Cobbler! It is simple & very good. Serve it with ice cream or not…..
This recipe was given to me by a lady I knew …she told me that this recipe was good & I believed her & asked her for the recipe
This cobbler is good made with any kind of fruit…plums, pears, I have used canned fruit as well as fresh but I prefer it with fresh fruit..so I always make it in the summer at least once!!
I doubled the recipe & found that it was too much cake for me…& the pan overflowed so I will give you the recipe for a 9 x 9 square pan… if you double it, I would double the fruit but not the topping, so there is more fruit then cake…unless you want more cake them fruit….
Here is the recipe
5 cups of fresh fruit…. peaches, plums, pears…. your choice
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/3 cup oil
3 tbsp orange juice *** I use water since I don’t usually have orange juice in the house
*** I used water so I added 1 tsp of vanilla
1 egg, beaten
3 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375f
1 9×9 baking pan, spray with non-stick spray
- Slice the fruit & put into a large bowl, set aside
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, cinnamon & nutmeg together
- Add the dry ingredients to the fruit, mix well to coat all of the fruit with the dry ingredients
- Put the fruit into the prepared baking dish
- Now make the topping….
- In another bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder & salt together
- Add the oil, orange juice & beaten egg to the dry ingredients.,Mix well. The batter will be thick. You can mix this by hand, in a mixer or food processor
- Drop the topping on top of the fruit & spread it over
- Mix the sugar & cinnamon together in a small bowl & sprinkle overtop of the cake
- Bake until the cake is baked & the fruit is bubbly Approx 45 minutes
Serve warm with ice cream…or room temperature on its own is good too!
One thought on “Fresh Peach Cobbler”
I keep a concentrated frozen juice can in freezer to use in baking
You must log in to post a comment.