Fresh corn cut off the cob, fresh crisp tomatoes, mint & feta! This corn salad is delicious with just olive oil & salt & pepper to dress it. A perfect accompaniment to anything really.
I served this salad as part of a dinner buffet with the Arugula Salad with Grilled Halloumi & a grilled vegetable torte. All 3 recipes from NYT Cooking! One of my favourite sites to get ideas & recipes from.
The rest of the menu was Blackened Fish Sandwich – Tasting Table & some potato chips! I used pre-made Pollack fish burgers from Costco. We really like these fish burgers…we also get the frozen salmon burgers from Costco as well.
The complete menu was
Mango Tequila Guacamole & Strawberry, Tequila & Aperol Slushy Drink!!
Blacken fish burgers served with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, guacamole & the aoli from the menu & buns,
Fresh corn salad with tomato & mint
Grilled vegetable Torte
Arugula salad with grilled Hallouni
Fresh Strawberry Pie
Here is the recipe for the Corn Salad from NYT Cooking Mark Bittman
3 cups of corn from 6 ears of corn
a handful of grape tomatoes or 1 large ripe tomato
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
salt & pepper
- Boil the corn & let it cool
- Using a knife cut the kernels off the cobs..I do this over a large bowl so that all the pieces of corn just fall into the bowl & not all over the counter!!
- Cut the grape tomatoes into half or quarters, depending upon your preference, if using a large tomato, dice it. Add the tomatoes to the corn kernels
- Add the crumbled feta to the bowl
- Drizzle some olive oil on & mix the ingredients together
- Add the mint leaves. Toss the mint into the other
- Seaaon with salt & pepper
You must log in to post a comment.