I made this cake for Passover but I know it will be good anytime of the year so am posting it in dessert dishes!!
The recipe is from BALABOOSTA.COM, DATE,CHCOLATE & WALNUT TORTE This dessert is crunchy, sweet & satisfying. It would be appropriate served anytime, after dinner, at a bridal shower…thats a good idea…I am always trying to think of delicious desserts for a shower or a dinner party! It would be a lovely delicious addition to any buffet table as it cut very nicely in pieces & did not fall apart! Very few ingredients & simple to prepare ..give it a try!
Here is the recipe with my directions
Meringue Cake with Dates, Nuts & Chocolate
6 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1 cup dates, pitted & finely chopped *** mine were a bit too chunky so I will chop them finer necxt time
1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate, chopped *** I used semi-sweet chocolate
Preheat oven to 350f
Line a 9 inch springform pan with parchemnt paper on the bottom.. then put the ring on making sure that the parchement paper is sticking out the bottom & that it is flat in the pan
- Put the egg whites into a mix master & with the whisk attachement, beat the egg whites until frothy
- Graduly add the sugar & beat until glossy beaks form
- Remove the bowl from the mix master
- Gently fold in the walnuts, dates & chocolate
- Gently put into the prepared pan, smooth out the top
- Bake for approx 1 hour
Sprinkle a bit of icing sugar over top Enjoy!