1/2 a challah…. 2 people….something yummy for Sunday morning…. I made a bread pudding. Healthy right? Eggs, milk, cinnamon, maple syrup….all good.
I put this together Saturday afternoon and will bake it Sunday morning. But if you want to be able to make it just before you want to eat it, or perhaps leave it overnight another time …I am going to suggest that you can throw it all together anytime & just pop it in the oven for approx 45 minutes to 1 hour. Baking time will depend on the type of baking dish you use & whether the uncooked bread pudding is cold or at room temperature. I am using a loaf pan to bake this in so that I can slice it up rather than scoop it out. This puffs up beautifully when baked & is fluffy & moist. It isn’t too sweet since I want to serve it with maple syrup. If you are just going to serve this with berries & fruit, I would suggest adding more maple syrup.
Here is the recipe
Breakfast Bread Pudding
1 cup milk
1 – 2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp maple syrup
4 cups cubed challah or any bread ***I had a half of a small challah which I cut into cubes
Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray
Preheat oven to 350f ***when going to bake it
- Beat the 4 eggs together
- Add the milk,cinnamon, pinch of salt & maple syrup. Whisk together
- Add the cubed bread to the egg mixture, mixing well & making sure that all of the bread cubes are saturated with the egg mixture
- Put the bread mix into the prepared pan
- options are… Bake immediately or cover & put in the fridge overnight.
- When you want to cook it….Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour
Serve with maple syrup &/or fruit