I love bread pudding! I used half of a left-over Challah to make this Breakfast Bread Pudding.
I put this together Saturday afternoon to bake Sunday morning. Sometimes I do not want to have to wait while a Breakfast Bread Pudding sits overnight in the fridge before baking. This would work if you can let it sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour or until you see that all of the liquid is soaked up by the bread before baking! .
I am using a loaf pan to bake this in so that I can slice it up rather than scoop it out. This puffs up beautifully when baked & is fluffy & moist. It isn’t too sweet since I want to serve it with maple syrup. If you are just going to serve this with berries & fruit, I would suggest adding more maple syrup.
Here is the recipe
Breakfast Bread Pudding
1 cup milk
1 – 2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp maple syrup
4 cups cubed challah or any bread ***I had a half of a small challah which I cut into cubes
Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray
Preheat oven to 350f ***when going to bake it
- Beat the 4 eggs together
- Add the milk,cinnamon, pinch of salt & maple syrup. Whisk together
- Add the cubed bread to the egg mixture, mixing well & making sure that all of the bread cubes are saturated with the egg mixture
- Put the bread mixture into the prepared pan
- options are… Bake after letting it sit in the fridge for about an hour or cover & put in the fridge overnight.
- When you want to cook it….Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour
Serve with maple syrup &/or fruit