Boneless chicken thighs are very economical & extremely tasty. They are easy to cook & the meat is tender & moist, unless you really overcook it!! I like mine nice & brown so I always cook them longer then any recipe suggests. I had some tabbouleh in the fridge & knew that a middle eastern themed chicken would go nicely. This is a very simple way to prepare the chicken thighs & doesn’t really need a ‘recipe’ but here it is.***I wasn’t going to write this up as a blog post but it was very good so I decided to. I think you can find Zahatar in most grocery stores now, but if not I looked up a recipe online. I haven’t tried this but this recipe is from TheSpruce.com.
Here is the link
Zahatar Baked Chicken Thighs
8 skinless & boneless chicken thighs
salt & pepper
3 tbsp Zahatar Seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
- Put the chicken things in a single layer in a baking pan , so that they are snug but not overlapping. fI used a pyrex dish
- Season all over with some salt & pepper
- Sprinkle the Zahatar Seasoning all over the chicken pieces
- Pour the olive oil all over. Using a pastry brush, spread the olive oil all over the chicken pieces making sure you coat all of it. Add more olive oil if needed but you don’t want it swimming in olive oil!
- Bake at 350f for 3o minutes…basting often
- Then pour the lemon juice all over the chicken. Continue cooking for another 15 minutes or until completely cooked and as brown as you would like them!