Wow!! This is Cauliflower Fried ‘Rice‘ so good. I love using cauliflower in this way!
You can rice the cauliflower yourself or there are options in the grocery stores. You can buy fresh already riced cauliflower or it is available in the frozen vegetable section. It is very simple to rice a fresh head of Cauliflower in the food processor.
You can add some cooked cubed chicken to this for a complete meal
Why eat Cauliflower Fried ‘Rice‘? I love regular fried rice and I make it often with leftover rice. Cauliflower Fried Rice is a delicious way to eat cauliflower! It ups the veg you eat and if you want a low carb meal, well this would work great!
I like to use this as a side dish or when adding chicken the Cauliflower Fried ‘Rice’ can be your whole meal!
Here is the recipe
Cauliflower Fried‘ ‘Rice‘
1 head of cauliflower
2 tbsp oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp Sweet Thai Chili Sauce or any hot sauce, depending on your taste
2 green onions, diced
salt & pepper to taste
- Clean and cut the cauliflower into chunks. Put into a food processor and using the pulse setting, chop the cauliflower until it resembles rice. You can do this by hand if you would prefer. Set aside
2. In a large saucepan, heat the 2 tbsp of oil
3. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until the onion is soft (mine browned a bit which is fine)
4. Add the cauliflower and cook until tender but not too soft. Stir often to ensure even cooking and the distribution of the onion and garlic throughout the cauliflower
5. Add the mixed vegetables , stirring them together with the cauliflower and cooking until the vegetables are completely defrosted and warm. Stir often to avoid sticking to the bottom of the saucepan
6. Make a space in the middle of the pan by pushing the cauliflower and vegetables aside. Put the beaten eggs in and stir them into the vegetables to cook the egg and coat all of the cauliflower
7. Add the soya sauce, sesame oil, sweet Thai chilli sauce & diced green onions. Mix well to combine. Season to taste with salt & pepper
*** I served this with some homemade asian flavoured meatballs.