This is a delicious match up.. Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread.. a delicious banana loaf with a brown sugar/cinnamon swirl in the middle!
I love a good Banana Bread & I love cinnamon so it seemed like a very good idea to combine the two & I am very pleased with how this recipe turned out! I tried a few different versions of this recipe until I got it just right! My son Seth was a collaborator which was so nice for me!
The cake is a pretty simple Banana Bread made with yogurt & I made this recipe with olive oil. A mixture of brown sugar & cinnamon is sprinkled in the middle & as it bakes. This makes a bit of a swirl as the batter cooks around it. The Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread is topped with some of the filling mixture before baking giving it a delicious crunchy top!
Here is the recipe
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
6 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas ( approx. 3-4)
1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Grease a loaf pan
Preheat oven to 350f
Mix the filling ingredients together & set aside
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil & sugars together until well combined
- Mix in the 2 beaten eggs
- Stir in the vanilla, yogurt & mashed bananas.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, baking soda & cinnamon, mixing until all of the dry ingredients are no longer visible/
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it out evenly
- Sprinkle 2/3 of the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the batter, set the remaining 1/3 mixture aside for the top
- Evenly spread the remaining batter over the filling
- Top with the sugar/cinnamon mixture sprinkling it evenly over the top of the cake
- Bake in the preheated oven 55-60 minutes until a cake tester comes out dry
- Let the cake cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes then take it out & let it cool completely on a wire rack