I always made these muffins when my children were young.. they loved them! Simple to make & perfect!
I made these muffins with fresh blueberries—they are juicy & burst inside the muffin…& ooze out of them a bit… just beautiful …but these ar equally as good with frozen blueberries too! Making them with the frozen berries is slightly less work…you won’t have to check the berries …which I actually get Murray to do for me!
The batter is mixed in a food processor (but certainly you can make them with a mixer) & then the berries are gently folded into the batter by hand. Otherwise they get broken up by the food processor blade…
The recipe is from THE PLEASURES OF YOUR PROCESSOR BY NORENE GILLETZ. This book is like my bible… I use it often. There are many other recipes out of it on my blog.
Vegan Chocolate Sheet Cake I used Norene’s recipe to make up this cake
There are more …. but here is the recipe for the Blueberry Muffins…. Norene has given me permission to post her recipe…I do not change a thing in it!
1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut into chunks
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp vinegar plus enough milk to equal 1 cup
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Method ( this method is for the food processor )
Preheat oven to 375f Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease well, you can use cooking spray for this… I like to use liners for these because the blueberries can be messy!
- Put the butter, sugar & eggs into the bowl of the food processor & process for 2 minutes, scrape down the sides as needed
- Mix the baking soda into the vinegar/milk & stir to dissolve
- Pour the milk through the feed tube while the machine is running & process for a few seconds
- Add the flour & baking powder to the food processor bowl & pulse until the flour disappears… do not over process.. it will make the muffins tough
- Stir in the blueberries…*** I usually put the batter into another bowl & stir the blueberries in then… I find it easier to scoop out the batter from a bowl to put into the muffin tins as well
- Divide batter evenly amongst the prepared muffin tins
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes
- Let cool on a rack
3 thoughts on “Norene Gilletz Blueberry Muffins”
Oh, they look so beautiful!!
Thanks They are a simple recipe but delsih!
[…] Norene Gilletz Blueberry Muffins — Marilyn Dishes […]
You must log in to post a comment.