Wow, I’m lucky…, that I did not eat all of the filling for this torte before I got it into the crust & in the fridge!!! This is a no-bake, super easy delicious dessert!
Chocolate cookie crust, a filling of marshmallow fluff…whipped cream & creme de menthe…. what could be bad?
The recipe is from Norene Gilletz, from her cookbook, THE PLEASURES OF YOUR PROCESSOR ..GRASSHOPPER TORTE
My sister makes this dessert & everyone raves about it! This has been one of her specialties, she makes it so well. I have never made it before because I can always eat hers! But, I wanted to try it. As it turns out, it was hard for me because I had trouble when I had to stop eating the marshmallow fluff…haha.. & I got it all over my fingers when I was scooping it out of the container..rats…:)))
There is an option in Norene’s recipe to make it without the creme de menthe & use milk & green food colouring,,,but I made it with the liqueur…
Here is the recipe thanks to Norene Gilletz
1 pkg chocolate wafers… (when the recipe was written the pkg was an 8 oz pkg, now in Canada it is metric & the pkg isn’t exactly 8 oz but it is fine, use a whole pkg)
1/2 cup butter. melted
2 198g jars of marshmallow fluff…I used the Kraft Jet-Puffed marshmallow creme
1/2 cup creme de menthe
2 cups whipping cream
1 9 inch springform pan or pie pan
- Break the cookies into pieces, put into your food processor & crush the cookies..(If you don’t have a food processor you can buy the chocolate cookie crumbs & follow the pkg instructions for making a crust)
- Add the melted butter to the crushed cookies & pulse until it is well combined
- Reserve 1/2 cup of crumbs & set aside
- Dump the rest of the crumb mixture into the springform pan. Give the pan a shake to distribute the crumbs in the pan. Press the crumbs into the pan. *** you can use a pie pan if you do not have a springform pan…press the crumbs into the bottom & up the sides of the pie pan *** IF YOU READ BELOW YOU WILL SEE THAT MY TORTE COLLAPSED WHEN I TOOK THE SIDES OFF THE SPRINGFORM PAN..I THINK IT NEEDS TO BE FROZEN, THEN SERVED REALLY COLD…BUT, I THINK NEXT TIME I WILL PUT IT INTO A MEDUIM SIZE GLASS BOWL…LAYER THE CRUMBS & FILLING, TOP WITH SOME CRUMBS… SO…THIS STEP MIGHT CHANGE IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT IN A BOWL
- Put the crust into the refrigerator to chill while you are making the filling
- In a bowl, put the marshmallow creme & the creme de menthe & mix well. I used a wooden spoon & it took some good mixing to get it all combined Set aside
- Whip the 2 cups of whipping cream
- Fold the marshmallow mixture into the whipping cream & combine gently but throughly
- Now, take the crust out of the fridge
- Gently pour the filling into the crust & smooth out the top
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs form #3
- Cover & put in the freezer….Then put it into the fridge for about 15-30 minutes before serving!
NOTE: I PUT THIS IN THE FRIDGE OVERNIGHT & IT COLLAPSED!!!! SO I THINK IT REALLY NEEDS TO BE IN THE FREEZER TO FIRM. I AM GOING TO SERVE IT IN BLOWS LIKE A MOUSSE..BECAUSE IT IS DELICIOUS..BUT IT DID NOT HOLD ITS SHAPE! NOT SURE WHAT I DID! I ASKED MY SISTER & SHE SAYS SHE ALWAYS FREEZES IT..SO THAT IS MY RECOMMENDATION!! YOU COULD ALWAYS MAKE IT IN A SMALL GLASS BOWL… LAYER THE CRUMBS & FILLING!!!
I HAVE SCOOPED THIS INTO A BOWL! THAT IS THE IMAGE AT THE TOP!
One thought on “Creme De Menthe Torte”
[…] Creme De Menthe Torte […]
You must log in to post a comment.