Wow! I do not think I will every use croutons again! I loved this Caesar Salad with Toasted Panko Crumbs so much!
I saw a picture of a Caesar Salad with Toasted Panko Cumbs and knew I had to try it. You can use any Caesar Salad recipe you like but I will post the one I used!
I know that these toasted Panko crumbs will be good on any salad, they will add some delicious crunch! When I coat fish with Panko crumbs they get toasted during the cooking process so I already knew how tasty Panko is toasted and crunchy!
Here is the recipe, you can adjust amounts to suit your needs!
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 cup Panko Crumbs
2 tsp olive oil
Shredded or grated Parmesan Cheese for adding as garnish
Anchovies, optional… dice these if Are going to use them
Salad Dressing This is a no egg dressing
2/3 cup olive oil
6 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 juice of a lemon (you can add more if you like your dressing with more lemon flavor!)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350f
- Wash & dry your lettuce. I like to cut the lettuce, i slice it in half then cut the lettuce in 2 inch pieces so they arent too big.. but you can tear it up too. Whatever you prefer. Put the lettuce into a large bowl that is big enough to toss your salad in
- Toss the Panko Breadcrumbs with the olive oil so that all of the crumbs are coated with the oil. Spread the crumbs evenly on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for approx.10 minutes but keep an eye on them!! You want the crumbs to be toasted nicely. Stir the crumbs once during the cooking period. When they are toasted to your liking, remove from the oven. Give them a stir & let them cool while you make the salad dressing.
- Make the dressing. Mix all of the ingredients together in a jar & give it a good shake. Taste & adjust the flavour. Add more lemon if you want or salt & pepper.
- If you are using anchovies, you can add them to the dressing or add them directly to the salad. I do that since I do to like anchovies ad Murray does.
- Pour some of the dressing on the lettuce, toss & sprinkle with the toasted Panko Bread Crumbs. You can sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese.
You must log in to post a comment.