Murray and I were traveling this summer and stopped t a restaurant in Revelstoke called Dose Coffee. Beside having delicious grilled cheese sandwiches we had a delicious Anzac Biscuit. When I got home I had to make them!
There are many recipes online for these Anzac Biscuits but I decided to make the most simple recipe from Australia. This is an Australian biscuit so I thought this may be a good recipe to try and it is! These are chewy and delicious.
This recipe is from Australia’s best recipes, the website is bestrecipes.com.au
Anzac Buscuits are made with oatmeal, coconut, the usual brown sugar, eggs, with an addition of golden corn syrup which I think makes these cookies chewy. I love them!
Here is the recipe
1 cup white flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut
1 cup of butter
2. tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp water
12 tsp baking soda
Preheat the oven 350f
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar & coconut in bowl and set aside
- In a saucepan melt the butter with the corn syrup & water, stirring often. Stir in the baking soda & mic
- Add the melted butter mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until it is well mixed
- Make balls with with the dough about 2 inches big..the recipe says about. walnut size, put onto the prepared baking sheets leaving about 2 inches between each ball.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15 -20 minutes. Let them sit for a few minutes on the tray them gently remove to cool on a cooling rack. The cookies will harden when cool.
Enjoy! These are just so good!