My friend gave me this recipe years before I was married so.. I have been married for over 41 years… which makes this a 1970’s dessert!
This Frozen Pistachio Dessert is really unique and delicious. So easy to make it really only takes minutes. No bake & just mixing ingredients together and then freezing it for a few hours! Ritz Cheese crackers are mixed with melted butter for the base then some ice-cream, Cool Whip & instant Pistachio pudding are what is mixed together… the filling is spread over the crust all in a 9 x 13 pan. It should be topped with crushed Crispy Crunch Bars but I forgot to buy them so I grated some chocolate on top. This worked ok but the Crunchy Bars are really great on this so remember to buy them with the other ingredients! Once frozen you can cut them into squares any size you like & serve!
Here is the recipe
60 Cheese Ritz cracker, crushed. I did this in my food processor
1/2 cup melted butter
2 L vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream, your choice, softened
1 large container of Cool Whip, defrosted
2 small pkg of instant Pistachio pudding mix
2 Crispy Crunch Candy Bars
one 8 x 13 pan or you can divide the recipe in half and use 2 9 inch pie plates!
- To make the crust, combine the crumbs & the melted butter in a bowl until all of the crumbs are moistened
- Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan and set aside
- Use a very large bowl and combine the softened ice cream, Cool Whip & pudding mix. Mix really well!
- Spoon the mixed filling over top of the crumb crust and spread out evenly
- Crush the Crispy Crunch Candy Bars and sprinkle evenly over the filling
- Pop into the freezer and freeze until firm
- Serve cut into squares!