When we entertain in the summer, we like to make this Slushy Blended Mojito drink This is Murray’s ‘job’ & he makes them perfectly! Cold & slushy…this blended mojito is delicious! Of course you don’t need company to enjoy this, make it for yourself too!
The recipe is from Bon Appetit 2010.
We really love this drink…we have made it for years. Our quests are always very happy when we offer them this drink! The other drink we like is this Strawberry Tequila Aperol Slushy
I don’t drink much so I add a bit of sparking water to my Slushy Blended. Mojito & it is perfect for me!
Murray prepares & portions off the lime juice into small containers ahead of time so he can just whip up the drink as we need more during the evening! He cuts up some limes to garnish the drinks with, & gets some mint leaves ready as well. Also, Murray gets the glasses rimmed in sugar ahead of time. Our guests arrive & the drinks are made fresh since you want them slushy & not melted to serve. Getting everything ready before your quests come weeks out well then you won’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen while making the drinks!
Here is the recipe
Ingredients *** one recipe serves 4
1 lime wedge…for using on the rim of the glasses
Sugar for rimming the glasses
1 cup rum
1/2 cup fresh lime juice *** approximately 2 limes
1/3 cup sugar
4 – 5 cups ice cubes
12 fresh mint leaves plus 4 mint leaves for garnish
1 lime cut into thin slices to garnish the glass
- First step is to rim the glasses you are going to use to serve your drinks in with sugar. Put some sugar on a plate or in a flat bowl to the depth of 1/4 inch.
- Run the lime wedge around the rim of 4 stemmed drink glasses, you can use martini glasses… I use plastic steamed glasses
- Dip the rims of the glasses into the sugar that you have put on a plate. Now your glasses are rimmed in sugar. Set aside
- Using a blender, blend the rum, lime juice & sugar until the sugar dissolves
- Add the ice cubes, starting with 4 cups of ice, blend until slushy. Add the other cup of ice if needed.
- Add the mint leaves & blend until there are small green flecks in the slush
- Pour into the sugar rimmed glasses
- Garnish with the mint leaves & the thin slice of lime on the edge of the glass
4 thoughts on “Slushy Blended Mojito”
Looks very delicious and cool for a hot day
Mojito is one of my favourite drinks! Love drinking it in summer when I go out with friends 😀
[…] drink with Aperol on bon appetit.com. This drink is a bit on the bitter side, not like the Blended Mojito, which is sweet. But, once you start drinking it…I did not notice the bitterness & just […]
This sounds really refreshing Marilyn.
You must log in to post a comment.