An old but still delicious recipe for a no-bake cookie! Chocolate Haystack Cookies. This no bake recipe is perfect anytime!
Looking through the wonderful trove of recipes I have in a binder, I came across this one. I happened to have all of the ingredients in my house so I could just quickly make them.
The original recipe calls for peanuts which I did not have. I have also had these cookies with raisins but I did not want that this time. I added some sliced almonds & I am very happy with how they turned out.
The recipe quantity is very easy to adjust. I made about 40+ cookies using a 2 tbsp scoop. I popped them into the freezer and will pull some out when needed…which could be one or two at a time every day since they are so good and I am sure I will ‘need’ some!
These Chocolate Haystack Cookies are very popular so always good to give to company! Everyone loves them !
Here is my recipe for Chocolate Haystack Cookies
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups butterscotch chips
2 cups dry chow mein noodles
1 cup sliced almonds *** you can use peanuts, raisins or anything you want to add! Just be careful that the quantity so there is enough of the chocolate and butterscotch chips to cover
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. You will put the cookies on these to chill in the fridge
- Melt the chocolate chips & butterscotch chips together in the microwave. Use medium power starting at 2 minutes, then stir & continue microwaving until completely melted. Stir well to combine the two different types of chips. Set aside
- Put the chow main noodles & almonds in a large bowl.
- Add the melted chips. Stir well until all of the dry ingredients are coated with the chocolate
- Scoop onto the prepared baking sheets any size you want your cookies to be! I used a heaping tablespoon scoop
- Chill in the refrigerator until set. If your house is warm store them in a container in the fridge. You can freeze them as well to enjoy later.
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Haystack Cookies”
Mom used to make these!
[…] I had saved this recipe years ago but just did not make them until today. These Glazed Lemon Cookies were a hit with company the other day! I served them with the Chocolate Haystacks Cookies. […]
You must log in to post a comment.