These Glazed Lemon Cookies are everything I hoped they would be! Tender & bright with lemon flavor in the cookie and the glaze!
I had saved this recipe years ago but just did not make them until today. These Glazed Lemon Cookies were a hit with company the other day! I served them with the Chocolate Haystacks Cookies.
I used to use Martha Stewart recipes more often but I still love to go back to them from time to time. I have always found that they work out and are tasty! My cookies look different then the ones pictured on the website but that does not matter!
The Lemon Glazed Cookies are small so it is ok to eat several of them!! They are hard to resist.
Here is the recipe
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups icing sugar, sifted
2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven 350f
Line baking sheets with parchment paper. I used 2 baking sheets
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt & lemon zest together in a bowl & set aside
- In another bowl, beat the butter & sugar together.
- Add the egg, lemon juice & vanilla & mix well
- Use a 1 tbsp size cookie scoop or a tablespoon & drop dough onto the prepared baking sheets leaving about 1 inch between them
- Bake until browned around the edges about 18-20 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes then cool completely on a cooling rack
- When the cookies are completely cooled you can put the glaze on them.
- Put the sifted icing sugar into a bowl, add the lemon zest & lemon juice. Mix well so that there are not any icing.sugar lumps.
- Put some parchment paper under the rack that the cookies are cooling on to catch any drips
- Dip the cookies into the glaze or you can spoon the glaze over the cookies!
- Let set for about an hour
You must log in to post a comment.