I decided to try a new recipe for roasting a bone-in turkey breast. Checking the internet, there were so many recipes…how to choice?
The barefoot contessa is a favourite chef of mine, so that is the recipe I made. I did not change a thing. As it would have it I happened to have some of the fresh herbs in my fridge that I needed for this recipe. If I hadn’t I would have used the dry spices. I am sure it would not have been the same but I would not have wanted to run out to the grocery store to buy fresh herbs…since I was ready to roast the turkey…. I bet that this rub would be good on a rolled turkey roast as well, but the cooking time would be different. You can look up cooking times on-line to get an idea of how long your turkey breast or rolled roast will take to cook depending on the size.
I used a meat thermometer because I wanted the turkey breast to be moist & I have to reheat it…when it will most likely get dry….so I did not want to dry it out now!
The verdict came in….the turkey breast was so tasty! All of the herbs & spices blended together beautifully. It is of no surprise actually, since I am always pleased with the recipes I make from he barefoot contessa…
Here is the recipe from barefoot contessa…..Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast 2010
- I bone in turkey breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic… approximatley 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped *** if using dry, use 1 tsp
- 1 tbsp fresh sage leaves, chopped *** if using dry, use 1 tsp
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves *** I used dry & used 1/4 tsp…..My husband does not like thyme so much
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup white wine
Preheat oven to 325f
- Put your turkey roast into a roasting pan, skin side up *** the barefoot contessa says to put the turkey breast on a rack in a roasting pan, but I did not do that….
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, dry mustard, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt & pepper together.
- Rub this mixture all over the turkey breast
- Pour the wine in the bottom of the roasting pan
- Baste the roast several times with the juices from the bottom of the pan while the roast is cooking…..
- Roast the turkey breast in the oven for about 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 hours until the skin is brown & the internal temperature is 165 degrees when you insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the meat
- When the roast is done, let it sit for 15 minutes before serving.
You must log in to post a comment.