I saw this recipe for Honey Cookies on Facebook maybe a couple of years ago. They are sweet, coated with sugar which makes them crunchy on the outside, chewy inside & just plain delicious
The recipe is by Lil’Miss Cakes.
This recipe uses common ingredients that you most likely already have at home. The only thing I didn’t have the first time I made this Honey Cookies was the turbinado sugar that the dough is rolled in before baking. I just used some brown sugar one time & the other time I used white sugar…coarse sugar would work too.
I usually bake these cookies just once a year in the fall. The kids in my family love them.
Here is the recipe from Lil’ Miss Cakes
2/3 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
turbinado sugar for rolling the dough in before baking
Preheat the oven o 350f
Line baking sheets with parchment paper… I used 3 baking sheets & baked them all at the same time using the convection bake mode on my oven.
- Use a mix master or you could do this in a food processor too …
- Mix the oil, sugar & honey together until well combined
- Add the egg & vanilla, mix well
- Mix in the flour, baking soda & salt.
- Put some of the turbinado sugar into a bowl big enough to roll the cookie dough in
- Form 1 tbsp of cookie dough into a ball & roll this ball in the sugar…I actually just dip one side in & then put the sugar side up on the baking sheet
- Put the cookie balls onto the prepared baking sheets leaving about 2 inch between them . The cookies flatten when baking
- Bake the cookies for about 8 minutes…. I checked them at 7 minutes & they were not quite done, but there were really done at 8 minutes…Keep your eye on them after the 7 minutes…baking time of course depends on your oven & the size of the cookies you make
- Remove the cookies from the oven & let them cool slightly on the baking sheets as they are really soft right out of the oven. Remove the cookies from the baking sheets with a spatula & let cool on cooling racks.