My friend Marcia gave me this recipe many years ago…actually so long ago I do not remember when! This recipe is originally from Marcia’s mom! So it is a family recipe of theirs & I love that Marcia shared it with me!
A good alternative to salmon patties, which was a staple in our home, this salmon loaf is super simple to mix up & pop in the oven.
I doubled the original recipe so I will give you the ingredients for the pictures I have, but if you want a shorter loaf, just half this recipe, except the eggs…add 2 eggs for 2 cans of salmon, I used 3 eggs for 4 cans… I only had 3 eggs :}} So, I changed the original recipe a bit,,,,but it is basically the same Also, I used greek yogurt instead of the original sour cream…
Serve this salmon loaf with a salad & you have a delicious lunch or dinner! You can also slice this & make a sandwich out of it, lettuce & tomato on your bread…delish!
Here is the recipe
4 cans (7 oz) of salmon
1 cup canned onion rings
1 cup plain greek yogurt
2 tbsp lemon juice, use fresh if you can
1 loaf pan, spray with non-stick spray *** Marcia’s mom said to bake this in a greased bundt pan for this amount of ingredients…this would be lovely to serve at a buffet or luncheon baked in a bundt…
- Drain the salmon, & I remove the bones & the skin…but that is your choice, Murray likes to leave the skin & bones in….
- Put the salmon into a large bowl. & break it up with a fork or spoon
- Add the eggs, onion rings, yogurt & lemon juice
- Mix everything together
- Put the mixture into the greased loaf pan
- Bake in a 350f oven for about 1 hour until it is brown & cooked completely.
- Let cool a bit & turn our of the pan if you want to serve on a serving dish!
2 thoughts on “Marcia’s Mom’s Salmon Loaf”
[…] know as a pashtida, a savoury pie, I found that this was a delicious side dish for Marcia’s Mom’s Salmon Loaf, or have it with a salad as the main part of a meal or as an accompaniment to any […]
[…] found that this Cauliflower & Potato Casserole was a delicious side dish for Marcia’s Mom’s Salmon Loaf or have it with a salad as the main part of a meal or as an accompaniment to any […]
You must log in to post a comment.