This Cauliflower & Potato Casserole is outstanding! Potatoes & Cauliflower are a great combo & come together in this dish beautifully
The. recipe is from Haaretz.com & here is a link to the original post on that site.
I found that this Cauliflower & Potato Casserole was a delicious side dish for Marcia’s Mom’s Salmon Loaf or have it with a salad as the main part of a meal or as an accompaniment to any dish.
The ingredients are simple so this is a quick dish to prepare. It has a lovely flavour, the cauliflower flavour is quite subtle.
A few notes about this recipe 1. You can use frozen cauliflower & cook according to the package instructions. 2. Perfect for Passover if you celebrate just omit the mustard if you do not have specia; Passover mustard. IF you can not find Passover Parmesan you can omit this as well. Just add a bit more salt as the cheese is salty.
Here is the recipe It serves 8-10
3 lbs cauliflower florets…about 2 medium cauliflower
1/2 cup heavy cream *** I used non fat creamer
I cup cottage cheese *** the recipe calls for ricotta cheese but I had cottage cheese so I used that!
1/2 cup grated parmesan & more for sprinkling on top
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp salt
olive oil for drizzling on top
Preheat oven to 350f
Grease a 10 x 10 dish…I used an 11 x 9 baking dish.. I do not have a 10x 10
- Cut the cauliflower into florets if you have whole cauliflowers & set aside *** or cook the frozen cauliflower as per the instructions on the box
- Peel & cut the potatoes into chunks
- Boil the cauliflower & potatoes together in a pot of water until they are tender, drain
- Mash the cauliflower & potatoes. I used a potato masher
- Put the mashed cauliflower into a large bowl
- Add the cream, cottage cheese, parmesan, Dijon mustard, flour & baking powder. Mix well
- Next, add the beaten eggs, salt & pepper & mix to combine
- Pour this into the prepared baking dish & spread it out so it is in the dish evenly
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese all over the top & drizzle with olive oil
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 – 60 minutes until nice & brown
- Let it cool a bit, about 5 minutes, before serving
One thought on “Cauliflower & Potato Casserole”
[…] Cauliflower & Potato Casserole — Marilyn Dishes […]
You must log in to post a comment.