This is another one of my mom’s recipes… It is really delicious…I actually forget about it sometimes & am always happy when I remember to make it! I have no idea where my mom got the recipe from…it is written on one of her recipe cards so it must have been from a friend. I first pasted this about a year ago..
Yes…that is the name of this recipe…from my moms recipe box…yummy chicken! So the question of course was..Is it yummy? I had to give it a try & it was! ! Simple ingredients which is always good. The original recipe called for chicken pieces & apple juice. I used bone-in chicken thighs & orange juice since I didn’t have any apple juice..the orange juice was leftover from the Glazed Orange Cake. I recommend you give this chicken a try.
Here is the recipe
Mom’s Yummy Chicken
1/4 cup flour
2 tsp salt *** seems like a lot of salt but it isn’t too salty!
1/4 tsp pepper
3-4 pounds chicken pieces ***I used 8 bone-in chicken thighs
4 green onions, chopped
2 Tbsp lemon juice *** I used fresh but my mom used the bottled lemon juice!
1 can of sliced mushrooms, drained
1 tsp sugar
1/3 cup orange juice *** original recipe calls for apple juice
- Mix the flour, salt & pepper together in a bowl big enough to coat the chicken pieces in
- Dip the chicken in the flour mixture , making sure all of the chicken is coated in the flour
- Heat some oil in a frying pan, and brown the chicken pieces on all sides
- Transfer the browned chicken to a baking dish
- Saute the green onions & sliced mushrooms. Add to the chicken
- Mix the sugar & orange juice together & pour over the chicken
- Bake at 325f until throughly cooked & brown *** Baste often