This one pot pasta is really quick & a perfect solution for dinner if you just don’t know what to have, you are starving & want to eat soon!!! This really does not take long from start to finish!
All of the ingredients for this dish go in one pot… cooked for a bit & then you have dinner!
It is really simple…the flavour is very light…mostly pasta & the sauce is very mild flavoured. If you like a more ‘saucy’ pasta, you could always add some spaghetti sauce at the end & warm it though…my son just added spaghetti sauce to his portion when he ate it…so that worked too! Murray & I liked it as is. You could add a dollop of ricotta cheese on top of this pasta when you serve it too…that is a good idea!!
Note: if you want a vegan dinner, just make sure there are no eggs in the pasta… there is no added dairy, meat or eggs in this recipe though I have listed parmesan cheese
in the ingredient list..but it is just to serve on top of the linguini..not in the actually dish…so it is optional
Here is the recipe from Martha Stewart
12 ounces of cherry tomatoes …or grape tomatoes
12 ounces of linguini…which is almost a 3/4 of a 454g box
garlic…the recipe calls for 4 cloves of garlic but that is way too much for us so I used a heaping teaspoon of jarred minced garlic
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 sprigs of fresh basil & more to garnish the pasta with
2 tbsp olive oil
slat & pepper
4 1/2 cups water
optional… kale…I added some sauted kale to this dish… I had some in the fridge & so I added it You could add spinach too if you want
optional…. parmadean cheese to garnish
- Cut the tomatoes in half & set aside
- Thinly slice the onion & set aside
- I saucteed a couple handfuls of baby kale in a skillet & set aside
- Put everything into a pot…I used a medium size saucepan…the pot has to fit everything..& I broke the linguine in half to fit..
- Bring to a boil & continue boiling until the pasta is cooked to your liking & the water is mostly gone…. the recipe says to cook this for 9 minutes but I found at 9 minutes there was so much water still & the pasta was not cooked…so just watch it… TOSS THE PASTA WITH A PAIR OF TONGS DURING COOKING SO IT DOES NOT STICK TOGETHER, ALL OF IT GETS COOKED & MIXED WITH THE INGREDIENTS
- Adjust seasoning..
- Serve with a fresh basil garnish.. some parmesan cheese if you want…a dollop of ricotta…
I toasted some sliced ciabatta bread in a sklllet, brush the bread with a bit of olive oil,, put it into a hot skillet…I used the one I sauted the kale in…& toasted the bread on each side…& had a dish with olive oil & balsamic vinegar to dip the bread in…yum!